The Cardiology Department at North Bristol NHS Trust is responsible for carrying out a wide range of diagnosis tests and complex treatments on people with cardiac disease and other heart problems.
Tests and treatments are carried out at various locations within North Bristol NHS Trust including:
- Brunel building, Southmead Hospital Bristol
- Cossham Hospital
- Clevedon Hospital
Inpatient services are provided by Cardiac Care Unit (CCU)/ Acute Cardiology ward based on Level 4 in the Brunel building.
Currently there are 6 Cardiology Consultants (Cardiologists) within the trust supported by a team of dedicated staff including Doctors, Cardiac Physiologists, Cardiographers, Nurses, Radiographers and Secretarial and Administrative staff.
What we do:
- Routine electrocardiograms
- Ambulatory and blood pressure monitors
- Patient activated monitoring
- Routine echocardiograms (Ultrasounds scans)
- Complex echocardiograms (TOE’s, bubble studies, contrast studies and 3D scans)
- Exercise tolerance tests
- Myocardial perfusion imaging
- Head up tilt-testing
- Rapid access chest pain clinics
- Palpitations clinics
- Syncope clinics
- General cardiology clinics
- Valvular heart disease clinics
- Pacemaker Implants
- Implantable Defibrillator implants (ICDs)
- Balloon Angioplasty /coronary stenting (PCIs)