Our main branches of research concern:
- predicting who will develop memory problems such as Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer's Disease;
- treating memory problems and neurodegenerative diseases;
- understanding how different types of memories are stored, and which brain regions underlie this.
We use several techniques for this including:
- clinical trials and drug studies
- sleep studies, including polysomnography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- studies with patients with diseases
- computational modelling.
For more information on the University of Bristol Dementia Research Group visit www.bristol.ac.uk/translational-health-sciences/research/neurosciences/research/dementia