If a member of your family was critically ill, you’d want the very best care for them. With your help and donations our Intensive Care Unit team can continue to look after people with life-threatening and complex conditions – either as a result of injury or surgery.
In the Unit, seriously ill patients receive specialist life-saving treatment and close monitoring from our experienced team. We constantly want to improve our facilities and the care we give.
Your support will make a difference
Donations to our ICU through Southmead Hospital Charity make a huge difference to the Unit and to the patients treated there.
Your money will help fund:
- life-saving equipment
- important research
- bereavement services
- staff training and development
- improved facilities for our patients
Recent donations have helped buy:
- emergency airway videoscopes
- communication aids for patients
- live music for patients and relatives
- patient radios and headphones
- brain monitoring equipment
- equipment for a children’s area in the waiting room
- emergency resuscitation bags
- a patient cough assist machine
You can make a donation to the ICU via Southmead Hospital Charity.