We have put together a series of short videos.
These will introduce you to the different specialties within our rheumatology team. These will help you to know what is available and where to go to for support with your rheumatology condition, if and when you need this.
These will also introduce you to some of the key management strategies that can be helpful with learning to live with and manage a rheumatology condition.
We encourage you to be a partner in your healthcare. One way you can be more involved in your care is by asking key questions when you are in hospital. To help empower you to take a more active role in decisions around your care we promote an initiative called Ask 3 Questions to help you think about some of the areas you might want to focus on during conversations with doctors, nurses and therapists.
The videos can be watched here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKKpDzGOAKLrZ9HMDj3Aficlr1viaIJGZ
The following videos can be seen:
1. Preparing for your Rheumatology Appointment: Meet Dr Nicky Minaur, one of our Rheumatology Consultants who helps you to prepare for your appointment. This includes some essential information about Lifestyle Factors, that will help with wellbeing.
2. Disease Modifying Medication: Meet our Consultant Pharmacist, who talks through some of the essential information about the more commonly used medications in rheumatology.
3. Emotional Wellbeing: Our Clinical Psychologist introduces some ideas that can help with looking after your emotional and physical wellbeing.
4. Rheumatology Advice Line: Meet our team of Specialist Nurses, and find out what you need to know about the Advice Line.
5. Patient Experience: Meet Liz who talks about her experience of living with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and what's she's learnt along the way that has helped with this.
6. The role of Physiotherapy in Inflammatory Arthritis: Meet our Physiotherapy team who introduce the role of physiotherapy in rheumatology. This includes some adaptations and simple exercises that can help support wellbeing
What is self-management? Here is a video that the Rheumatology team in Fife put together, that helps explain what we mean by 'self-management'. This includes some useful ideas which can also help with general wellbeing:
Further information: NRAS (National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society) New To Rheumatoid Arthritis leaflet: https://nras.org.uk/product/new2ra/