WAMS 6 and 12 Month Review Clinics
At the end of your first six months you will be reassessed by the Consultant. At this time we will discuss with you your options, which may include:
- Being offered a further 6 months of lower level support from us.
- Referral to the Bristol Bariatric Service for weight loss surgery. Referral for surgery can only be made if all the team are in agreement regarding your readiness for surgery, which includes having made the relevant behavioural changes.
- Discharged from the service.
If there are medical, nutritional or psychological reasons which mean you are not ready for weight loss surgery or not able to engage with the service, this will be discussed with you and the information sent to your GP.
The details and outcome of your reviews will be sent to your GP and/or the Bristol Bariatric Service if we agree to refer you there.
Once you have completed the full 12months in the service, you may receive a further Consultant review. At this time, you will either:
- Be referred on to the Bristol Bariatric Service if the team are in agreement for your readiness for surgery.
- Discharged back to your GP if you are not ready for weight loss surgery or this is not something that you wish to consider. Please note that you can be re-referred back to BWMBS in the future.