Living Well Events
All cancer services now run “Living Well” events for patients affected by cancer.
Following cancer treatment patients are encouraged to attend a half education and information group session run by a range of health care professionals.
The events provide an opportunity for patients and/or carers to receive information and learn more about important aspects of caring for themselves, including information about:
- health and wellbeing
- recovery and rehabilitation
- education in self-management
- signs and symptoms of recurrence
- reducing risk factors
- managing side effects of disease and treatment
- diet and exercise
- emotional wellbeing
- anxiety and stress management
- financial advice
For more information visit www.macmillan.org.uk