SNAHPer Group Resources
Links to useful Training and Software (please use the software provided by your HEI if you have access to it):
External Training Opportunities
NIHR Applied Research Collaboration West offers a range of training opportunities over the year including:
- Writing for a lay audeince
- How to win at twitter
- Introduction to service evaulation
- Basic statistics and interpretation
You can apply for this via the ARC west website. This site also has links to short training courses that local universities offer.
- Succeeding at postgraduate study – Free Open University Course https://www.open.edu/openlearn/education-development/succeeding-postgraduate-study/content-section-overview?active-tab=review-tab
- Postgraduate study skills in science, technology or mathematics – Free Open University Course https://www.open.edu/openlearn/education/postgraduate-study-skills-science-technology-or-mathematics/content-section-0
- Attributing the costs of health and social care Research and Development (AcoRD) https://acord.netlify.com/story_html5.html
- Free online courses covering a range of topics - https://www.futurelearn.com/
- Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed to support researchers on every step of their research journey - https://researcheracademy.elsevier.com/
- Students for Best Evidence - Students 4 Best Evidence (S4BE) is a growing network of students from around the world, from school age to university, who are interested in learning more about evidence-based health care (EBH). https://www.students4bestevidence.net/
- Rating research quality - Speechbite offers a concise training tool to start you thinking about undertaking quality appraisal of papers. https://speechbite.com/rating-research-quality/
Endnote Reference Management - https://access.clarivate.com/login?app=endnote
PSPP (which is a free, open source version of SPSS) - http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/
Computer Assisted Qualitative Data Analysis Software (CAQDAS) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-assisted_qualitative_data_analysi...
Open Office - https://www.openoffice.org/
NB: These packages are not supported by NBT, and should not be loaded onto NBT computers.