Following a close of the trial at NBT, it is necessary to archive all trial related documentation to ensure that all study documentation is:
- Stored correctly and confidentiality maintained.
- Not passed on without the appropriate consent.
- Accessed in-line with Trust policies and procedures.
- Only used for the defined purpose.
This archiving process also ensures:
- Patient safety in using and recording information
- Up-to-date information is stored
- Staff awareness of responsibilities and accountability
- Information is accessible when required
Storage of personal data is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and, in clinical trials, the applicable elements of the UK Clinical Trial Regulations.
Standard Operating Procedure ISOP IO3 describes the procedure for the archiving of all study documents on ALL research studies that are sponsored by or hosted by North Bristol NHS Trust. The length of time for archiving is dependent upon each individual protocol and/or guidance from the commercial sponsor.
Explore the ground-breaking research currently taking place at North Bristol NHS Trust.
Find out more about our research and how we're working to improve patient care.